Photos from Recent Travels + Upcoming Speaking/Travel Plans
Photo albums from some of my trips this year:
* In April, Lisa and I traveled to Sonoma and Mendocino
* In June, I took my son on a father-son bonding trip to Manhattan (his first time in NYC!)
* In June, the whole family went to UCSB family camp as part of a multi-family reunion through my father-in-law (including a day trip to hike on Santa Rosa Island)
* In July, I took my daughter on a father-daughter bonding trip to the Olympic Peninsula in Washington (including a day trip via ferry to Victoria BC)
* In August, my wife and I took a weekender to the Central Coast.
I’ve been on leave for the past two academic years. In 2015-16, I was on sabbatical all year. In 2016-17, I was on partial leave with no teaching obligations. For 2017-18, I’m once again on partial leave, but this year I’ll be teaching one class (Internet Law) in Fall. As a sign of the increasing normalcy of my work schedule, I am occasionally agreeing to business trips. Here is my current list of upcoming speaking/travel plans for the year:
* September 8: briefing in DC on Section 230.
* September 15: Washington DC to speak at a CDT event.
* October 12-18: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan. Lisa will be presenting at a lung cancer conference and I’m going along for support.
* October 27: tentative talk in San Francisco on Section 230.
* November 3: speaking on the Defend Trade Secret Act at the California State Bar IP Institute in Newport Beach.
As always, it would be a delight to connect on these trips.