An Example of How My Mom’s Books Helped Students (Gail Schlachter Hauser 1943-2015)
I discovered that I was obsessed with your mother, Ms. Schlachter’s, books in high school! Her writings helped me understand and apply for many scholarships and financial aid.
Coming from a low income background, with a single mother and three sisters, I did not think that I would ever have a chance to get a good university education. However, these books in the local library helped my sisters and I apply to and graduate from well ranked universities. I was even able to dream of law school because of my low undergraduate debt!
I feel so grateful towards your mother! She truly changed my entire family’s life. Despite my father’s untimely death, our family was able to overcome what seemed to be insurmountable financial challenges. Thank you so very much!
There will be another memorial service for Gail Schlachter at the ALA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, June 28, 5 pm.
Blog Posts About Gail Schlachter Hauser’s Death
* My Sister’s Eulogy For Our Mom (Gail Schlachter Hauser 1943-2015)
* My Eulogy For My Mom (Gail Schlachter Hauser 1943-2015)
* From my wife: Gail Schlachter, My Mother-in-law, Remembered
* Selected Remembrances of Gail Schlachter Hauser (1943-2015)
* My First Mother’s Day Without My Mom (Gail Schlachter Hauser 1943-2015)
* Signs That My Mom Is Still Thinking of Us (Gail Schlachter Hauser, 1943-2015)
* My Mom’s Idea of a “Really Good Day” (Gail Schlachter Hauser, 1943-2015)
* Initial Reflections on Losing a Parent (Gail Schlachter Hauser, 1943-2015)
* My Mom Died: Gail Schlachter Hauser, 1943-2015